Original Recipe is from Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity
Make sure to check out her recipe, which includes cocoa and is rolled in coconut! Both my girls and I actually preferred these w/out the cocoa, despite all being chocolate addicts ;) But it's still worth a try to include it :)
- 15 dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- Put all ingredients in a Vitamix blender (or food processor) and pulse until it combines.
- Continue processing while pushing down with the Vitamix stir stick thing (I'm all technical here ;) until it forms a nice dark colored chewy textured ball.
- Remove from blender and roll into small balls (about 1/2 in diameter or so).
- I put these in a glass container and keep them in the fridge. A batch rarely lasts more than 1/2 a week!