Sounded like a good alternative for the kids...so I thought I'd give it a try! :)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 1 egg
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Pick out any loose "skins".
- Mash the chick peas till they form a paste.
- Shred the carrots in a mini food processor.
- Combine together, then add bread crumbs, Italian dressing and egg. Mixing together very well.
- Take about one tablespoon of the mixture, roll it into a ball, then flatten into a nugget shape, repeat.
- Place nuggets on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes or until nuggets are browned on both sides. Turn about halfway through baking.
- Makes about 18 nuggets, give or take.
- Serve with assorted dipping sauces.