That said, I LOVED these and will be making them again. So so so so so good!
Original recipe from Peas and Crayons
- 6 Flatout flatbreads
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 small/medium sweet potato
- 1 cup of frozen diced onions and bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4-6 ounces of grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- all-natural olive oil spray or plain oil
- parsley [or cilantro!] + fresh veggies to garnish
- salsa, guacamole, and plain greek yogurt (or sour cream!) for dipping
DIRECTIONS (from above website)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425F.
- Poke a few holes in your sweet potato, wrap it in a slightly damp paper towel, and microwave on high for about 6-8 minutes
- While you wait, combine corn/peppers/onion with your black beans, garlic powder, cumin, cilantro.
- Add the sweet potato [minus the skin] to the rest of your veggies and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt, pepper, and any additional seasoning to taste.
- Next wrap your corn tortillas in a damp paper towel, followed by a dry paper towel, and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Spray or rub one side of the tortilla with oil and add "line" of veggie filling to the center of the "dry side" of the tortilla, about 1-inch thick. Top it off with a layer of cheese [as much or as little as you want!] and roll the tortilla.
- Place on a wire baking/cooling rack
- Bake on the middle rack, at 425F, for 15 minutes.
- Pile high with any + all veggies you have on hand and serve with plain greek yogurt, salsa, and guacamole for dipping!