Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pearl Couscous Salad

I attended a vegan wedding last summer and had some amazingly sweet and delicious couscous salad there. I've been dreaming about recreating it for a while now and I found the pearl couscous at Costco and decided to try a couscous salad. This wasn't as sweet as the one I had at the wedding (added veggies), but still very tasty! I ate it warmed up for dinner, and then cold for lunch the next day. Yum!

Definitely something I will be making a lot, considering how easy it was to make, and how good! :) I think this is great as a side-dish, and great as a main meal. You could add meat to it if you don't want it to be a vegetarian dish; chicken would be my choice. But meat is certainly not missed from this dish!


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup pearl (Israeli) couscous
  • 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 large red pepper, diced
  • 1/2-3/4 cup dried craisins
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • olive oil
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and add in vegetables.
  2. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add in couscous and broth.
  4. Cover and bring to a simmer.
  5. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
  6. Remove from heat and mix in crasins and sunflower seeds.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments: