Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Overnight Oats

This was delish! And couldn't be any easier to make. Really, what's better than a good, healthy, protein-packed, grab-and-go breakfast on a busy morning?....especially when you have 2 young children! ;)


I originally found this recipe on Pinterest (looooooooove that site for storing recipe ideas that I want to try!...not to mention all the other fun stuff!). Recipe is adapted from the Pepper Lynn blog: http://www.pepperlynn.com/2012/02/overnight-oats-two-ways/

This recipe was enough for me and my 2 daughters, small serving though. But, they are not big breakfast eaters at all, so it was fine. If you have big breakfast eaters, I'd suggest making more :)

INGREDIENTS
  • ½ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
  • ½ cup Strawberry Greek yogurt
  • 2/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
  • diced (thawed) frozen peaches
DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Cover with plastic wrap.
  3. Place in the refrigerator overnight. 
  4. In the morning, stir in the mix-ins of your choosing. I used peaches, as requested by my 2 year old :)

No comments: