Saturday, September 3, 2011

Protein Pancakes

My older daughter is not a breakfast person, at all. With school starting soon, I'm on the lookout for quick, easy, HEALTHY and protein packed breakfast options for her.

One of the blogs I follow, Keeper of the Home, had a great blog post about protein-rich breakfasts the other day. Perfect! With some modifications, I tried out her Protein Pancakes. They turned out great! Better yet, both my girls ate them!

Now the plan is to freeze the rest and hopefully they reheat well for quick school-morning breakfasts :)


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup unbleached white flour 
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil (or whatever oil you have on hand. Coconut is pretty healthy, which is why I chose this :)
DIRECTIONS
  1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
  2. Cook as you normally would pancakes. I found that cooking them very slowly makes for the best results in the center!

No comments: