- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp bacon bits (or 3 slices bacon, cooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 large baked potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Stir in flour, bacon bits and oregano, mix well.
- Gradually add broth, then add carrots and celery and bring to boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and cream.
- Heat through but do not boil.