I found the original recipe here but made some changes: http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2009/02/12/barefoot-contessas-turkey-meatloaf/
Now, I have to say that my husband doesn't like meatloaf (unless it's his Grandma's) and he also complains every single time I try to cook w/ ground turkey, saying something tastes "weird" and he doesn't like it. So imagine my surprise when he went back for seconds even after saying he was stuffed..and didn't even flinch when I told him it was turkey! :)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 slices of dried bread, cumbled
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Mix the onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dill and cook on medium heat for 15 mins.
- Add the chopped spinach,Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste and mix well. Cook for an additional 5 mins, then set to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, and cooled onion mixture.
- Shape into a loaf on a cooking stone (or greased cookie sheet).
- Spread the ketchup evenly over the top.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until meat thermometer reads 160 in the center of the loaf.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetable of choice.
.... and yes, you may have noticed my mashed potatoes are purple! That's because I used the dark purple potatoes :)