Check out her original recipe here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/06/chicken-tikka-masala-by-pastor-ryan/
I have to say, this smelled DELICIOUS as it was cooking! Absolutely heavenly! It tasted pretty delicious too!
- 2 chicken breasts - tenderloins
- Ground Coriander
- Cumin, To Taste
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Large Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Garam Masala - or make your own using:
1 tablespoon cumin; ground
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper; ground
1 tablespoon fennel seeds; ground
1 tablespoon ginger; ground
1 tablespoon cardamom; ground
1 tablespoon nutmeg; ground
1 TEASPOON cloves; ground
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1-½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Season the chicken with salt, coriander and cumin on both sides.
- Coat completely with yogurt and place uncovered on a baking stone.
- Broil 10-12 inches from the heating element for about 7-10 minutes on each side. Edges should be blackened.
- In a skillet, melt butter and throw in diced onions and saute until browned.
- Add garlic, a tbsp of salt and 3 tablespoons Garam Masala spice.
- Stir in canned tomatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and let simmer for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Cook rice while the sauce is simmering.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream to the sauce.
- Dice the chicken breasts and add to the sauce.
- Add frozen peas to the cooked rice for the last 7 minutes, allowing the heat from the rice to cook the peas.
- Serve chicken sauce over rice. Enjoy!