Monday, October 12, 2009

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I found this recipe on thenest.com, posted by living_insanity

Sounded great so I thought I'd give it a try :) Below is her recipe. I made it a while ago and had enough for 3 meals out of a 2 lb pork butt. I can't remember exactly how long I cooked it for, but I just guesstimated times and amounts based on how much I was making. Since it was so long ago, I am just going to copy/paste her recipe instead of try to guess how I did it.

It was sooooooo so good!

"I buy a 6-8 pound pork butt (to feed a lot of people) and even then I ALWAYS run out and never have leftovers.
1 liter of cheap cola
a few bottles of BBQ sauce
I put the pork in my crockpot, cover the pork with the cola
cook on low for about 10 hours. If you buy a smaller piece of meat, you will need to cook it for less time.
Then I pull the pork out (It should be falling apart into pieces, thats how I know mine is really done) and I shred it. I dump out my liquid, put the pork back into the crock with the BBQ sauce and put it on warm. I stir it up several times until its all warm throughout."

No comments: