Monday, February 9, 2009

Ground Beef Tacos

This week I decided to clean out our pantry, fridge and freeze (this after finding some boxed stuff that expired well over a year ago! Yuck :P) So instead of buying groceries, I decided I would only use what we had at home.. + the delivered organic fruits & veggies that we get once a week.

Night 1 = Taco night! Yes, nothing fancy or special at all, but it's what I made ;) I like to make my tacos a little "healthier" by cooking peppers into the meat mixture.INGREDIENTS

1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup frozen bell pepper strips
1 tomato, sliced
shredded cheddar cheese
shredded lettuce
taco shells

DIRECTIONS

Brown beef in a large skillet.
Slice bell peppers and cook along with beef, until tender.
Mix in taco seasoning.

Spoon onto taco shells.
Add cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and whatever else you'd like.

No comments: