Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oreo Truffles

This recipe has been circling the nest boards (www.thenest.com) for at least a year. I was emailed the original recipe by a nestie from the D&R board last year, though I can't remember who it was. I made these for Christmas last year, using milk chocolate bark, and they were so delicious that I decided they were a must for the holidays from here on out!INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 package of oreo cookies
* 1 block of cream cheese
* 1 tsp vanilla
* chocolate bark (I had to use white chocolate this year because that's all I could find! It still tastes great but I prefer milk chocolate).

DIRECTIONS

Soften cream cheese by warming it up in your hands.
Place cream cheese in a large bowl and add vanilla.
Use a hand mixer to mix well.

Finely chop oreo cookies in a food processor.
Add 1/2 of the oreo mixture into the cream cheese/vanilla and mix well.
Add the remaining oreo mixture and mix well.

Round into small balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Insert toothpick in each oreo ball.
Let cool/harden in fridge for about 45 minutes.Melt chocolate bark in a heavy saucepan on low heat (follow package directions).
Dip each oreo ball into the chocolate, using toothpick to handle.
Let cool on foil or cookie sheet.
Once chocolate has hardened you can remove the toothpicks.

Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
These freeze great too!

No comments: