Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas in the Crock Pot

Another one of my throw-whatever-together into the crock pot recipes... I had some tortillas, frozen chicken, found some enchilada mix, and decided to add that together with some cream of mushroom soup and taco seasoning. Result = it smells great and it tasted sinful! ;)INGREDIENTS

* chicken breasts (I used 4 and plan to freeze 1/2 the recipe for later)
* 1 can cream of mushroom (or whatever) soup
* 1 can enchilada sauce
* 1 packet taco seasoning

* lettuce
* tomatoes
* shredded cheese of choice
* tortillas (I like to use the large burrito ones)

DIRECTIONS

Place chicken breasts in crock pot (frozen or thawed, doesn't really matter).
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Mix the cream of x soup and the enchilada sauce then pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours if using frozen chicken breasts. (I'm going to guess around 5 hours if unfrozen, but I made this one w/ frozen).

Use a fork to shred chicken in the pot.
Place chicken on a tortilla; add some of the leftover sauce, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce.
Enjoy!

No comments: