Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pumpkin Cobbler

From blogger Good Thymes and Good Food, here's a delicious sounding Pumpkin Cobbler recipe. Original recipe HERE.
So I wasn't too good at following directions and I used the wrong pan! As I was looking at my pans picking one out, I even thought to myself that I was surprised the recipe didn't mention pan size (umm.. it does! ;) and I hoped this one would work.. Then as I was pouring the cake and butter on top, I thought there was way too much butter... but that was because I used the wrong pan! So the ingredients below are for this size pan. If I'd used the correct 13x9 size with more surface level, the 1 1/4 c butter the recipe originally called for would have been correct. With this deeper round pan, I had to add on an extra 20 minutes in the oven at 300 degrees.
For the record, it tasted MUCH better then it looks in the picture above!

Pumpkin Cobbler
Gooseberry Patch Classics
Serves 15 -18

Ingredients
3 eggs, beaten
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix the whole cake mix would probably be good with the correct pan.
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 c if you're using the correct pan size listed below!

Directions
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; stir well.
2. Pour mixture into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
3. Sprinkle cake mix over the top.
4. Drizzle with melted margarine.
5. Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes; top with nuts.
6. Bake 15 more minutes.

No comments: