Sunday, November 30, 2008

Breakfast Egg and Ham Casserole

I'm always looking for easy breakfast casserole recipes to make.. though I'm not sure why considering my husband does not eat breakfast or like any fancy-type eggs! When I came across this recipe in fellow nestie blogger Made With Love, I had to save it, it looks so good! Now I'm thinking this recipe would be perfect for Christmas when I'm back "home" with my family who loves to eat breakfast ;) Check back later for my changes to the recipe and how it turned out.

Breakfast Egg and Ham Casserole


INGREDIENTS:

cooking spray
1 bag of cubed frozen hashbrowns
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cans of diced green chiles
1/2 pound of thick sliced ham
1 cup of shredded cheese
1/2 cup diced onion, sauteed
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Spread frozen hashbrowns in the bottow of a lightly sprayed 9x13 pan.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over hashbrowns then layer the diced chile peppers and onions over the top.
Add the ham and finally the cheese.
Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is golden brown.
Top off with a dallop of sour cream and enjoy!

No comments: