Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Perfect for the holidays, this cookie recipe was a breeze to make and turned out super tasty! I found the recipe on Casual. Concoctions' blog HERE, who found her recipe on the Cookies on Friday blog.I didn't have any lemon zest so I added a splash of lemonade.. yes, I know this is nowhere near the same but I thought I'd try it.. It was just fine but I think even a splash was enough to thin out the cookies more then I would have liked. I also sprayed some Pam on the cookie sheet for the first batch and those came out more crumbly then the other 2 batches.. everything else was the same. So, I'd recommend not doing either of those things ;)

The cookies are absolutely delicious but I do find them to be a little too sweet. I would recommend putting in only one cup of white chocolate chips.

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS

* 1-2/3 cups flour
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup butter- softened
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1-1/4 tsp lemon zest
* 1 egg
* 2-1/2 tsp vanilla
* 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries, sweetened
* 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

Put the butter in a large bowl and beat with mixer until lightened.
Add the brown sugar and lemon zest, mix about 2 minutes until fluffly.
Add the egg, vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the flour mixture and then fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Cool for 2 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack.

No comments: