Thursday, November 13, 2008
Chicken Marsala with steamed green beans and potatoes
Chicken Marsala recipe from allrecipes.com, tweaked a little:
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon dried basil
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - pounded 1/4 inch thick
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cups sliced mushrooms
* 1/2 cup Marsala wine
* 1/2 cup white wine
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, basil and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turn over and simmer another 5-10 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
While cooking:Steam green beans with a little salt.
Steam potatoes, cut, with seasoning of choice. I used Mr. Dash, Original.