Thursday, November 13, 2008
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter (I usually substitute the equivalent in shortening)
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 4 large mashed overripe bananas
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* chocolate chips to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a seperate bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas.
Mix banana mixture into flour mixture.
Pour into loaf pans, fill half way.
3. Bake for 50 minutes.