This recipe didn't exactly turn out the way I'd envisioned.. In fact, I thought it would be somewhat creamy in texture and there would be some yogurt-y sauce. But instead the yogurt all "melted" into the chicken and it was brothy tasting. Still good, but not what I wanted to make.INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces) , drained
- 1 can chick peas (14.5 ounces)
- A handful cilantro, chopped
Brown the chicken in olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the yogurt and simmer gently for 3 minutes (you can add a splash of water if it needs to be loosened up a little).
Add in some salt and pepper then the tomatoes and chickpeas. Remove from heat.
Divide the rice and chicken mixture among individual bowls and garnish with the cilantro.