Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas

I wanted to try something different and heard rave reviews about this meatless recipe. I love zucchini, and we had plenty of it in the fridge, so I gave it a try!

My dear dear husband....well, he refused to even try a bite. ::::sigh::::
My girls however, both at a TON of this! And my oldest daughter is a very picky eater. So score! I'll definitely be making them again. Sorry hubby, you'll survive ;)  Oh, and I loved them too!


Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste.com

INGREDIENTS
  • cooking spray
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • 2 medium zucchinis, grated
  • salt
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese
  • 4 Flatbreads (I get the flax seed ones from Costco)
  • Red enchilada sauce
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400*
  2. Add a tsp olive oil in a skillet and saute the garlic and onion for about 3 minutes.
  3. Add in the zucchini, cumin, and salt and cook another 4-5 mins.
  4. Remove from heat and mix in 1/2 cup of cheese.
  5. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
  6. Scoop up 1/4 of zucchini mixture into each tortilla/flatbread and place seam-down in baking dish.
  7. Top with 1/2 can Enchilada sauce.
  8. Top with remainder of cheese.
  9. Bake about 20 minutes, until heated through.
* I think this would also be great with some brown rice added to the zucchini mixture. But, it was yummy all on it's own!

No comments: