This looked too good to pass up. I probably won't be making it too often since it's not exactly healthy, but what a great comfort food! I did edit the recipe a bit to make it a little healthier..
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/2 jar tomato sauce
- 3/4 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle and press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chips.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; then bring to a boil.
- Add shredded spinach, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over chips and top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.