I had some pears I wanted to use and some leftover canned cranberry from Christmas so I decided to try something from scratch. The sauce turned out delicious!!! Though next time I make this, I think I'll use whole berry canned cranberry rather then jellied.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 can cranberry sauce
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 cup diced frozen onions
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- olive oil
- Mrs. Dash seasoning
- garlic powder to taste
- Cook chicken on skillet in some olive oil until cooked through.
- In a separate skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add diced pears and frozen onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5-10 mins.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the cranberry, mix, and continue cooking until all is blended well and cranberry sauce is a creamy consistancy.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve :)