Friday, June 19, 2009

Oven Roasted Garlic Chicken and Potatoes

I had no clue what to make for dinner tonight... but I did have some de-thawed chicken and mini potatoes to use. So, oven roasted chicken and potatoes! I added some fresh basil since I bought a few potted herbs at the Farmer's Market last week. Figured I should start using them :)INGREDIENTS

2 chicken breasts, cut into 3 chunks
8 mini potatoes, sliced in half
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
fresh basil

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350.
Drizzle olive oil in baking pan.
Cut chicken and place in pan.
Scrub and halve potatoes and add to chicken.
Drizzle with some more olive oil.
Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
Add basil leaves (I used about 6 large leaves).

Place in oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 35 minutes.

No comments: