Friday, February 6, 2009

Healthy Spinach Chicken meatballs

I decided to make these meatballs as a healthy alternative for my 1-year old daughter. They turned out delicious!

INGREDIENTS
(You will want to double/triple/etc.. my ingredients. Use whatever portions you want, depending on how many meatballs you want. I only made 4 meatballs because I was using leftover chicken from my Cream Cheese Spinach stuffed Chicken recipe).

1/4 chicken breast
1 cup spinach
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash
1/2 egg
1 tsp olive oil + some to drizzle on cookie sheet before baking

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a saucepan, cook spinach with garlic and Mrs. Dash in olive oil until spinach is well cooked.
Place spinach mixture and chicken in a food processor.
Chop until smooth puree consistency.
In a bowl, mix 1/2 the egg. Add the chicken/spinach mixture and mix well.
Drizzle olive oil on a cookie sheet.
Form chicken/spinach mixture into meatballs and place on cookie sheet.
Bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments: