Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites

This recipe comes straight from the site Smashed Peas and Carrots. I made them tonight, with the help of both my girls. They were really simple to make, though a little messy when balling up... but yum! My 4 year old loved them! My 2 year old was too stuffed from our sushi dinner to want to try them ;)

I think these will make a great breakfast food for my 4 year old who always refuses to eat breakfast! I hate sending her to school on an empty stomach. She loved these so much that I think I'll be able to get her to eat one at least on her way out the door, and they seem pretty breakfast healthy to me :)

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla
DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix everything well in a medium bowl.  
  2. Chill in the refrigerator for  30 minutes.
  3. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!  
  4. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Photo credit: Smashed Peas and Carrots blog because I'm too tired right now to take a picture of my own and upload it... but I can tell you that mine look pretty much the same, albeit maybe not so perfectly round and pretty ;)

No comments: