I was short on time and my chicken wasn't totally dethawed. To speed up the process, I started by putting my 1/2 frozen chicken breasts in a covered skillet, with 1 tbsp olive oil, and cooked on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Carrots and potatoes went into the steamer basket (stove top) for 15 mins to cut down on baking time as well.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bunch carrots, peeled
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix oregano, cumin and coriander together. Sprinkle 1/2 the mixture onto the chicken.
- Over medium heat, cook seasoned chicken and onions in a tbsp of olive oil until almost fully done (don't overcook chicken or it will dry out in the oven. leave it slightly pink on the inside).
- Meanwhile, steam carrots and onions.
- Pour chicken and onions into a greased oven pan. Add olive oil if the bottom seems too dry.
- Pour carrots and potatoes on top of chicken and sprinkle on the remainder of the seasoning mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.