- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp strawberry or apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 cup baby carrots
- cooked couscous, sliced scallions, and chopped roasted almonds, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, mix spices and onion with pork.
- Add chicken broth, preserves, vinegar, carrots, chickpeas and dried apricots.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over couscous.